We get it- doing payroll is not simple. In hopes of making your payroll process simple and more effective, we compiled a list of common payroll challenges.Read More >
This time of year can be very stressful as we try to finish up the year end and tie up all loose ends. Staying calm when you are under pressure can be difficult but doing so can increase productivity and make the task at hand a little bit easier. Don’t burn yourself out. Here are a few steps you can take to escape the stress and stay calm during these pressing work activities.
- Remember to BREATHE. Take a deep breath, in and out. Our bodies are built to do this for us but sometimes we have to remind ourselves. Take a second to breathe deeply through your nose and out through your mouth. You will be amazed to see the difference such a simple action can make to your mind-set. You will be more able to focus on what you are doing and less anxious about doing it.
- Take a Break. If it is overwhelming you, walk away. Take a quick coffee break, or a five minute walk. This will give you time to think and you might see something you had missed upon your return.
- Spend your free time, being free! Once you leave the office, leave your work there. Go do some form of exercise. Make time for a swim, a stroll outside within nature or maybe an energetic run. Exercise can keep a sense of balance in our mind and body and help us stay calm in stressful situations.
- Ask for help. Ask a colleague, ask the internet, and ask BAASS Business Solutions! We have a few other blogs that can answer some of your questions on this topic and if you are still stuck, give us a call! We are here to help.
- Stay Positive. You can do this. You may have done it before, others have done it too. Stay calm and you will get there too.
Contact us for more information!